ABOUT THE JOB
As Order Management Specialist, you will be our customers' most trusted advisor in juggling and translating their complex business rules into simple fulfillment logic, well-defined order orchestration rules, and successful Order Management Systems (OMS) implementations.
You will be part of the pre-sale analysis for existing and new OMS customers. Your key responsibility will be to design processes and assess OMS capabilities that match customers' business needs and goals.
You will be working closely with our OMS Practice Lead, Business consultants, Solution consultants, and tech leads – with a pure focus on Order Management systems and solutions.
Your duties and responsibilities:
- Acting as an Order Management Specialist on customer projects
- Define business requirements, process flows, system design, functional specifications, and other deliverables related to order orchestration, inventory management, and fulfillment.
- Drive successful OMS implementations together with our teams of Commerce Specialists.
- Participate and contribute to sales-related projects with our Business Consultants.
- Ensure governance and development of best practices on OMS strategy, implementation and architecture processes.
- Secure IMPACT’s position as a leader within consultancy and implementation of Order Management Systems. E.g., attending events, and conferences, hosting webinars, and creating content to ensure the above.
Order Management Specialist is a new position at IMPACT, and therefore you will have the opportunity to make it yours and own this area going forward. You will work on some of the largest brands within retail and B2B in Scandinavia, such as Samsøe Samsøe, Hummel, Ganni, Lakrids by Bülow, Bestseller, and many more!
You have either a Business-related, IT-related, and/or supply chain/logistics education. You have solid experience as a consultant within the field of order management, logistics and/or supply chain, preferably in a digital commerce context (Retail, DTC, or large-scale B2B). You possess an understanding of both business and IT, and you have an interest in digital commerce.
As a person, you are proactive, you can spot tasks and opportunities by yourself, and you are analytical and process-oriented.
Furthermore, we expect you to:
- Have several years of experience in Order Management Consulting and implementation.
- Have experience with Order and Inventory Management (order allocation, fulfillment & inventory management) in an omnichannel environment.
- Be able to act as a coach and motivator for colleagues who will be running the implementation of order management systems.
- Demonstrates strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to collaborate with different departments, Supply Chain, E-Commerce technology teams, and Business Partners.
- Understand, document, and influence procedures and best practices in order management and related processes, including communication with both the internal teams and external vendors.
- Follow the latest trends and opportunities in the Order Management Systems Landscape.
LIFE AT IMPACT
For more than 20 years, IMPACT has pioneered some of the most advanced commerce solutions in the Nordics. What started in Aarhus, Denmark has grown into a European powerhouse with offices across the world – see our different locations here
While we cover all the major tech platforms and work with some of the most exciting businesses, we make a sincere effort to stay down-to-earth. It’s who we are and it’s the kind of talent we want to attract.
Today, we’re a global team of talents working to strategize, craft, and support all things tech. We push the boundaries for commerce with curiosity, ambition, and empowerment that cements the ambition to becoming the ‘European Challenger’ within commerce. But it’s not all about size. Because more than anything we want to maintain our collective can-do attitude that creates a working environment where everything is possible – and have fun while doing it.
Send your CV via the link below. Interviews are held on an ongoing basis, as the position is to be filled as soon as possible.
If you have any questions, you are welcome to contact Talent Acquisition Lead, Katrine Rasmussen +45 2969 8756.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
A part of IMPACT Commerce
As IMPACT Commerce, our talented teams at IMPACT, Improove and IMPACT Extend exist to change commerce for the better. From Sweden and Denmark to Portugal and Serbia, we’re 350+ brilliant minds building experiences using strategy, design, tech and optimisation. We cover all the major tech platforms, and we work with some of the most exciting businesses – all while making a sincere effort to stay down-to-earth. It’s who we are, and it’s the kind of talent we want to attract.